Louisville Kings Select (LKS) is an elite travel club lacrosse organization geared to providing a team oriented approach to learning the game. The program was founded in 2015 by Mike Havill and Van Boudreau to provide the best area lacrosse players and their families a platform for developing both their individual skills and providing them an opportunity to be a part of a highly competitive team.
Our program mission is to find the best talent by grade and place them into an immersive environment that emphasizes individual and team training to produce players and teams who can compete with the top programs in the Southeast and Midwest. LKS currently consists of teams in the 2023, 2024, 2025 and 2026 graduation years. Once a team is formed, LKS keeps the teams together training and competing until they reach high school. When one of our current teams advances beyond the LKS program, we will add another graduation year team (e.g., 2027). Once teams graduate from the LKS program, they will move on to our our affiliate HS Club Program, L4 Lacrosse. L4 is a select travel club program utilizing the same approach for player development and competitive team building as LKS. For more information on L4 please visit www.L4lacrosse.com.
LKS uses a multi-format model to train and develop our teams and players that includes Box, Indoor 7v7 and Outdoor 10v10. At all levels of lacrosse, more teams are starting to incorporate Box training and participating in Box tournaments as a core component of their training. LKS sees the benefit and is increasingly placing more emphasis on our Box program. Teams will compete in multiple regional Box tournaments during the Winter in addition to their Outdoor Summer tournament schedule. In 2018, LKS became the first Kentucky Youth Club Program to become USBOXLA sanctioned. Tryouts for each team are held in September of each year and players are invited to tryout by position. Players are selected to tryout using a combination of recommendations from school team coaches and our own internal review and evaluation of players in the surrounding area. The majority of our players are from the Louisville Metro area, but we are open to players who are from communities outside of Louisville if they can commit to the schedule.
- Model the most successful lacrosse programs in the US
- Provide the highest level of training and competition available
- Give players the exposure they need to reach their full potential
- Provide families the most well-organized team experience possible
- Be transparent financially and use funds efficiently for player development
- “Honor the game” as a program: coaches, players and parents
- Develop a core group that can play together into the future
- Promote UNITY + UNSELFISHNESS, key characteristics of all great teams
- Demonstrate and demand POSITIVITY (comments/support/encourage)
- 5:1 player to coach ratio to ensure all learn and get coaching focus
- Maximize reps in ‘high-tempo’ practices
- Provide fresh perspectives and use multi-media to facilitate understanding
- Issue written evaluations to help players identify strengths/weaknesses
LKS provides coaching and team environments that builds teamwork and high character young men and great relationships among players and families.
LKS is a 10-month program that includes activities that begin in October and ends after our last Summer tournaments in July.
LKS is constantly seeking to play the best regional and national programs. We are happy to host teams, or travel to play. If interested, please contact Mike Havill or Van Boudreau to discuss. Our program is based in Louisville, Ky. at the King Louie’s Sports Complex (kinglouiesports.com). King Louie’s is the newest indoor/outdoor field complex in the region and has synthetic turf indoor (7v7, box) and lighted outdoor fields.